Home Learning Expectations
Year 1 children accessing remote learning are expected to complete the following each school day at a time convenient to you and your circumstances:
- 15 minutes reading either a book your child is reading currently at home or using our online platform ‘Bug Club’
- 15 minutes completing maths fluency activities online using ‘Numbots’
- Complete the class Maths lesson posted daily in the ‘Class Pages’ section of the school website (45 minutes)
- Complete the class English lesson (including any associated grammar tasks) posted daily in the ‘Class Pages’ section of the school website (45 minutes) and any related topic work (up to 30 minutes a day)
- 15 minutes Phonics practice daily, based on the week's target phoneme, posted weekly in the 'English' section of the Year 1 Class Home Learning page of the school website.
All Maths, English and Topic work must be uploaded daily via Purple Mash, where the Class Teacher will review it and provide feedback.
In addition, every day, your child will be expected to join a small Social Group session with their Class Teacher, or, in their absence, another member of familiar staff. These sessions will last 10/15 minutes on average and at an allocated meeting time.