Pastoral Care & Support
Pastoral Support Team
What Do We Do?
Essentially we support children and their families to remove barriers to learning by:
- Promoting the emotional well being of all children.
- Ensuring all children are safe and healthy.
- Enabling all children to make a positive contribution.
- Ensuring all children are enjoying and achieving at school.
- Supporting identified children to deal with anxieties and problems in and out of school.
- Supporting identified children with their behaviour and reducing exclusions.
- Support parents to support their children.
- Improving attendance and punctuality.
How Do We Do It?
This really depends on the child and the situation but we may do any of the following.
- 1:1 Interventions with a child.
- Small group work.
- Whole class interventions.
- Informal chats.
- Referral to agencies that may help.
- Direct work with families.
- Run a wide range of lunch clubs and after school clubs.
- Advocate for parents and children by attending meetings addressing issues such as housing, CAMHS etc.
How Can You Contact Us?
If you are worried about your child and feel they would benefit from our support, there are many different ways of contacting us:
- Speak to us directly. We are available most days before and after school. Give us a ring 0208 883 0248
- Speak to your child’s teacher or support staff and they can point you in the right direction.
We can then decide together how best to support you and/or your child.
We look forward to hearing from you!