This month, our new value is Self-Belief. Please watch the short Disney animation below called 'Piper'. Either at home, or with your class in school, think about:
- Piper is scared of the waves at the beginning of the story. How would you encourage her to return and try again?
- Have you ever overcome one of your fears? How would you help somebody else to overcome their own fears?
- In the animation, Piper shows a huge amount of self belief to keep going back to the waves again and again. Think of occasions when you have had to show self belief - when was this and what did you do?
Week 2 and 3
Our next animation is titled 'Soar.' Please find a link to watch it below. At school or at home discuss the following ideas:
- What advice would you give the girl at the start of the film? Why would you give her this advice?
- How do the two characters show self belief as they try and fix the aircraft?
- How do you think they felt when they succeeded?
- What do you think the moral of this story is?