Parent letter on Corona Virus 16th March
16th March 2020
At this difficult and unprecedented time, we fully understand the high levels of anxiety in our community (and across the country) in regard to the Coronavirus outbreak. As a school, we continue to remain vigilant in regards to daily updates and advice from the government and Public Health England.
As a school, we have taken the following measures:
- Cancelled all trips until the end of term. This means that the Year 4 Performance Poetry trip and the Year 1 Teddy Bears picnic, along with any sporting events, will not go ahead. Although we understand this may be disappointing for children, we feel it is better to be prudent.
- From tomorrow we will be cancelling all assemblies – Year 5’s assembly will be postponed until the Summer Term.
- Nursery will be closed from Wednesday so that we can free up staff to cover absences and ensure statutory classes are covered.
- If a child presents with symptoms in school of a new persistent cough or raised temperature, they will be isolated as far as possible and we will immediately contact the parent.
- In addition to our normal cleaning, handrails and door handles will be cleaned twice a day. Many internal doors have been propped open to minimise contact.
- Promoting good hygiene, encouraging children to:
- Sneeze/cough into a tissue – CATCH IT, BIN IT, KILL IT!
- Wash their hands with soap regularly and thoroughly
- Bring their own water bottles to school
Please support us (and our whole community) by:
- Providing your child with their own water bottle
- Keeping your child at home for 7 days if they have a raised temperature or a new persistent cough
- Sending your child to school with tissues
- Reminding your child to practice good hygiene
We are aware that there are some adults who are in a higher risk group. If your child is dropped off by a high risk individual (e.g. grandparent), we advise that you consider changing the arrangement for them.
We are able to give Food Bank Vouchers to families in need. If you need a voucher, please contact Sandra Greenyer in the Children’s Centre or ring her on 07917521350.
We have no information about whether schools will close. This is a decision for the government and Public Health England. In the case of school closure we will be providing some home learning activities.
We will continue to keep you updated as the situation develops.