The Importance of Volunteers
At Coppetts Wood Primary School and Children's Centre, we welcome volunteers to support the work of the school and to support those wishing to gain experience in a school setting. We are extremely proud of the fact that many of our volunteers have gone on to obtain positions within our setting or other similar settings.
All volunteers will be made to feel welcome. The types of activities that volunteers are engaged in include:
- Listening to children read
- Supporting children's access to the school library
- Working with small groups of children
- Working alongside children within the classroom
- Supporting children during their play time and/or running playtime activities
- Running extra curricular clubs and/or activities
- Working alongside staff in the office
- Supporting stay and play sessions in the Children's Centre
This list is not exhaustive and we will consider any ideas or suggestions for activities
Becoming a Volunteer
If you would like to be considered for a volunteering position, please contact the main school office who will inform Faramade Alawaye, our Deputy Head Teacher, who leads on volunteers within Coppetts Wood.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, gender, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy, race or nationality, religion or belief and sexual orientation. All posts within our school, including volunteer posts, are subject to enhanced disclosure and barring service checks, and where applicable prohibition checks.