- Class Pages
- Year 5
- HOME LEARNING
- Week 2 (11.01.21-15.01.21)
- Wednesday 13.01.21
English Video Week 2 13.01.21
We will learn about Modal Verbs, Devices for Cohesion, and features of a Letter. This video will explain your English tasks and what tasks you are required to do.
What are cohesive devices? | Oxford Owl
Learn how and when to use cohesive devices like determiners, pronouns, conjunctions and adverbs to ensure cohesion in writing.
Modal verbs | English - Grammar for 11-14-year-olds
Learn about modal verbs as we will need this for our writing tomorrow!
Worksheets and Resources
- Modal Verbs Worksheets and Answers.pdf
- Using Devices to Build Cohesion - Worksheets & Answers.pdf
- Unannotated WAGOLL Persuasive Letter - (LABEL THE FEATURES OF A LETTER ON YOUR OWN).pdf
- Annotated WAGOLL Persuasive Letter - ANSWERS.pdf
- Adverbials for Cohesion Word Mat.pdf
- Cohesion Within Paragraphs Poster.pdf