Welcome to our Wellbeing page!
At Coppetts Wood our vision is to develop a school community where children can enjoy a welcoming, secure, happy and healthy environment, where everyone can develop self-confidence, self-esteem, self motivation, independence, compassion, tolerance and understanding of others.
At Coppetts Wood Primary School we support the emotional health and wellbeing of our pupils.
At our school we know that everyone experiences life challenges that can make us vulnerable and at times, anyone may need additional emotional support. We take the view that positive mental health is everybody’s business and that we all have a role to play.
We promote a mentally healthy environment through:-
- Promoting our school values
- Promoting pupil voice and opportunities to participate in decision-making
- Celebrating achievements
- Providing opportunities to develop a sense of worth through taking responsibility for themselves and others
- Providing opportunities to reflect
- Access to appropriate support that meets their needs.
Here you will find lots of support to help support children with their emotional and mental wellbeing
Remember that these three things will help with mental wellbeing!
- Eat well
- Sleep well
Planning your Childs return to school
Our partners, Tavistock and Portman has created two videos to support parents of young children/people during the pandemic. These are short but with good advice and are presented by child psychotherapist Laverne Antrobus. The content was brought together as a result of questions from parents. I thought it would be helpful to share this with you.
Video1: Connecting well: We answer your COVID lockdown parenting questions
Even with the best intentions, parenting can be testing at times. COVID-19 has added an extra layer of complexity that hasn’t been easy to navigate.
Child psychotherapist Laverne Antrobus answers some of parents question and others:
- As a parent, how do you get “me” time during lockdown?
- Has your kids’ sibling rivalry taken on serious tones during lockdown?
- How do you support your outgoing child during this period of isolation?
View here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAErylkWAdE
Video 2: Coping well - We answer your COVID lockdown parenting questions:
- Parents, how are you coping under social isolation measures? If you’re like most, you’re encountering new parenting challenges, sometimes on a daily basis.
- This video offers support for parents through the tricky bits; finding routine, managing screen time and getting good rest during lockdown
- COVID has brought death a closer reality for many of us. As a parent, how do you support your child through the grief?
View here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3noMthXrfM
Mrs O’Dwyer’s Wellbeing Task
Message from Mrs O'Dwyer
Contact us if you need any help and support