Year 3 Home Learning Expectations
Year 3 children accessing remote learning are expected to complete the following each school day at a time convenient to you and your circumstances:
- 15-20 minutes reading either a book your child is reading currently at home or using our online platform ‘Reading Eggs’
- 15-20 minutes completing maths fluency activities online using ‘Mathletics’, ‘Numbots’ or ‘Times Tables Rockstars’
- Yr 3 children can access spelling, punctuation and grammar activities for at least 20 minutes every day using ‘Grammar Bug Club’
- Complete the class Maths lesson posted daily in the ‘Class Pages’ section of the school website (50-60 minutes)
- Complete the class English lesson posted daily in the ‘Class Pages’ section of the school website (50 - 60 minutes) and any related topic work (up to 30 minutes a day)
In addition, every day, your child will be expected to join a small group session with their Class Teacher, or, in their absence, another member of familiar staff.
These sessions will last 10/15 minutes on average and will be during one of two 30 minute windows allocated to Yr 3 (10.30am-11 or 2.30-3pm) to ensure you do not have siblings at Coppetts Wood needing electronic devices at the same time.